Art Warriors is a themed art competition where youth have the opportunity to showcase their artwork and win MONEY PRIZES!
This competitions theme is reflection! We encourage artists to wow the audience with a balance of skill and concept. Explore the idea and make it your own and don’t forget to have fun! All entries must be submitted no later than March 31st.
Here’s what you need to know to enter:
- You must be between the ages of 16 to 19 years old
- There will be four different themed art competitions throughout 2018
- There are two fabulous money prizes, a $50.00 Juror’s Choice and a $50.00 People’s Choice
- One entry per artist
- Must follow the theme
- All art work must have been completed within the past 12 months
Here are some very important things to remember:
- If any people are viewed in the image please indicate their name and whether they have given permission for their image to be shown
- NO COPYRIGHT infringements allowed. Must be original artwork of your own creating!
About the Juror’s Choice Prize:
The Juror’s Choice Award will be selected by a Gallery designated Juror using the following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality:
Artists must demonstrate an original piece of work that would causes the viewer to be interested and want to know more. All pieces must be original, created by the artist that submits the piece
Though the work must relate to the theme, we encourage the artist to think outside the box
- Skills and Techniques:
Artists will be evaluated based on how well they use different techniques in their art. While creating the piece, artists should always think about the different elements of design and how it relates to the theme
About the People’s Choice Prize:
- On the Gallery’s Art Warriors Facebook page, art fans can vote for their favourite piece of work
- Artists can share their pieces on social media each day to get more votes
- Facebook users can vote once a day until the competition ends
- The artist with the most votes at the end of that competition wins the prize!
What happens when you WIN?:
- Both winning artists of a competition will be asked to bring their art work to the Gallery to be displayed until the start of the next competition
- Each winner needs to send a digital image of themselves with their artwork
Ready to enter? It is easy!!
Email a clear digital image to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- Your name, age and contact information. Contact information to be your email and a phone number
- The title of your piece
- Description of the materials used
- A brief bio about yourself
- A brief statement explaining the inspiration behind your artwork
- A description regarding how it relates to the theme
By submitting an image of your artwork and the required information, you give Kawartha Art Gallery and it’s members’ rights to take photographs and use the information provided for the purposes of advertising and social media. Kawartha Art Gallery and its members’ may use the description, name of piece and artist full name provided on this document at their discretion
- Please add a line to your email that reads, I, (your name) agree to the above terms regarding the submission of my artwork and any images
Need to know more about Art Warriors? Contact us at email@example.com